For the Love of Learning

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pinterest-Like Projects...

So I have decided to do a few Pinterest inspired projects this summer. The "inspired" part pretty much just means that I am tired of spending money on "cute" stuff so I am trying to repurpose things instead of throwing everything away...here goes nothing!

Project 1: New Name Plate (Total Cost Out of Pocket: $0) (I just officially changed my name to Adkins. For those of you who don't know, I got married last November. I started the school year as Spence and that is what most of the kids called me throughout the year. Now I am overhauling all of my Spence stuff and changing it to Adkins :)

Materials: Old gift bag, picture frame (I found this in my "memories" bag...still had the generic picture that came in it), printer paper, jewels, hot glue gun

Steps:
1) take out original picture from frame and use it to measure and cut background size from an old (but cute!) gift bag


 
2) Print/cut out a name sign. I chose Pea Ash font and a free clipart border from mycutegraphics.com. Trim the extra paper off and glue to your gift bag background.
 
3) Insert new name plate into picture frame. The one I found was clear on both sides so I did two backgrounds and name pages.
 
4) Embellish! My frame looked a little plain so I dug through the craft closet and found a container of jewels. I created a pattern and hot glued it together. Feel free to add ribbon, bows, glitter, or whatever makes you happy. Be creative!!
 
 
 
Project 2: Dry Erase Note Taking Frame (Total Cost Out of Pocket $0): A cute way to jot down important ideas without all of the sticky notes all over your desk. Write right on the glass with Visa Vi markers and wipe right off with wet wipe. Genius!
 
Materials: Cheap picture frame (also found this one unused in my closet), scrapbook paper or gift bag (I used the same gift bag as the above project so they would match), printer paper, jewels, hot glue gun
 
Steps
1) Take out original picture from frame and measure size onto your scrapbook paper or gift bag. Cut out and use as background.
 
2) Print a note taking page slightly smaller than the frame size. this is a 5X7 frame so I made a 4X6 text box. Trim off the extra paper and glue onto your background.
 
3) Place your new "picture" into the frame. You can write right on the glass and simply wipe away when you are done!
 
4) Embellish! I added a few small jewels to the corners of the picture frame to give it a little pizzazz.
 
Here is the final product(s)....I didn't take pictures along the way but I think that the directions are pretty self explanatory. Best part about both of these projects...they were totally FREE!!!!  
 
 
 Project #3: Dry Erase Essential Question Boards (Total Cost Out of Pocket $4): I plan on posting these at the front of the classroom to remind students of what our focus is for the day/week/unit etc.
 
Step1: I purchased four document frames from Dollar Tree and removed the original pictures.
Step 2: I used one of my chunky fonts (free by the way) and printed the title of each subject on Chevron tag board (the font size in the pictures is 100).
Step 3: cut/glue white cardstock (you pick the shape) below the subject area.
Step 4: Place back into the frame and write essential questions using Visa Vi markers. Wipe off with baby wipes whenever you change units!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment